Welcome to Festivus Kiaras – or the Festival Known as the Month-Long Celebration Before My Birthday! Yes, that’s right – it’s my birthday and I’m hitting a milestone this year. Although. I’m still maintaining that I’m turning 25 (for the 5th time, of course). Shh… I won’t tell if you won’t.
And in grateful recognition of no one mentioning my real age, I’m going to give away a few books. Yes, that’s right. It’s my birthday but I’m going to give you the gifts!
I also thought it was high time that a few authors I feel are under-appreciated are given the spotlight. They all have new releases coming out this month or next, and we’re going to pour on as much publicity for them as we possibly can this month. Then, after the heady glow of my new birthday presents has worn away*, I’ll be giving away copies of YOUR CHOICE of book from each author’s stable.
*This means on or about March 1st or 2nd. I reserve the right to be hung over for far longer than that, though. It is, after all, my birthday. (My birthday being the 28th of February, of course. I keep forgetting it’s not a national holiday.)
The authors are:
- Diana Rowland (@dianarowland) who’s 2nd book, Blood of the Demon is due out February 23rd.
- Rob Thurman (@Rob_Thurman) whose new release Road Kill (Leandros Brothers Book 5) is coming March 2nd.
- Jaye Wells, (@jayewells) also with a book #2, Mage in Black, releasing on March 3oth.
Here are the rules:
- Contest is open to those with an available continental US address only. I know. I’m very sorry, ye olde International Readers, but I don’t have the funds to ship overseas. However, if you have a friend who’s available inside the US to forward your winnings to you, then more power to ya.
- I will draw three names at random from the eligible entries on or about March 1st, 2010 to win one book each.
- If you’re chosen the winner, you may choose any one (1) book from any of the three authors as your prize. Yes, that includes their newest releases – but you will need to wait until the book’s release date. Sorry, but I don’t have an in with the authors or the publishers. (I have to wait on my copies, too, you know!)
- Your book will be purchased from the online retailer of my choice and then shipped directly to you. Once the item is purchased, I am no longer responsible for ensuring the item reaches you.
- Your email address, mailing address, etc. will not be used for anything but this contest.
- I decide what constitutes an eligible entry. Don’t like that? Go play in someone else’s sandbox.
How to enter:
- Post a (well written, contributing, not-spammy) comment on any post on this website with a ‘Posted on’ date in February 2010. Including this one.
- Write a review of one of these authors’ books and post it anywhere. (Some suggestions: your blog, Amazon, B&N.com, GoodReads, Shelfari, etc.) Then come back here to either this thread or one of the ones that will be posted for each other and leave the link to your review. (Review must have been posted after Jan 1st, 2010.)
- Haven’t read any of these authors? You can also tweet this contest on Twitter or post it on Facebook. These links should trackback automatically, but you might want to come back and link them just in case. (Please don’t Tweet or FB this contest more than once a day. WFF is not about spam.)
And I think that’s it. If there are any questions, please post them in the comments.