What is Kiaras Festivus?
Kiaras Festivus is, literally ‘The Festival of Kiara’. This usually happens in February, mostly because my birthday is the 28th and I like to celebrate for as long as possible! This year, Waiting for Fairies’ also turns 5 years old (as a book review site) during the first week of March! (My very first review? Vicki Pettersson’s first book!)
That means I wanted to make this year’s celebration extra special! Festivities will kick off on Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14th) and run for two weeks, or until we get tired of partying, whichever comes last!
What’s Going to Happen?
I’ve got a few thing scheduled and a couple more that I’m trying to (find the time to) get organized.
A few things already on the agenda:
- An exclusive post from Leanna Renee Hieber (author of the recently released Darker Still) + giveaway
- A giveaway from me for a Jim Butcher boxed set (I won it, but already have said books in SFBC omnibus, so I’m passing it along – reluctantly! – to you. Why do I have an irrational urge to keep paperbacks of books I already own in hardcover, digital, and audio? Because it’s Jim Butcher!</whine> )
- A (pretty massive, actually) giveaway from Greyhart Press for a YA high fantasy ebook (Epic. Poetry. I’m reading it myself next.) by Gill Shutt
- Guest posts from my friends and fellow book bloggers
- Edit: I forgot! I’m also working on exclusive short fiction of my very own for your reading pleasure! Stay tuned!
I’m also working on an idea for a giveaway that is along the lines of Powell’s popular “INDIEspensible” packages. Except strictly for urban fantasy and strictly for WFF’s readers.
Now how about that?